20 de July, 2017
FEN leads Latin American entries in the Academic Ranking of World Universities – ARWU
The Universidad de Chile has received a new accolade, this time in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), administered by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. The ARWU awarded our School of Economics and Business (FEN) joint first place in its rankings for
Latin America in the areas of Management (joint 201st place) and Economics (joint 201st place)
The ARWU ranking, published annually since 2009, is one of the world’s most prestigious processes. More than 1,200 universities worldwide are selected to take part, with results published only for the top 500.
The result is a significant accolade, placing our Faculty in a privileged international position on the basis of our distinguished trajectory of research and teaching activities.
The ARWU ranking is distinctive in being based on objective indicators rather than solely on measures of student satisfaction or public perception. The ‘Shanghai Ranking’, as it is also known, is measured via graduate prestige; academic quality (as measured by markers of esteem and citation indices), Nature and Science research results; publications in ranked journals, and per capita academic performance indicators. This distinguishes ARWU from rankings such as QS, which are derived from other indicators such as Scopus.
These ARWU results place the Universidad de Chile amongst the world’s highest performing faculties in 17 of the 52 disciplines covered by the exercise.
- FEN in the Lead as the Best Management, Economics and Business School in Latin America According to Arwu Ranking
- FEN leads Latin American entries in the Academic Ranking of World Universities – ARWU
- Ranking RePEc: FEN professors continue to feature among 5% most cited scholars worldwide
- UChile’s MBA continues to move up the rankings now placed among Latin America’s top 5
- FEN hosts the ‘BALAS’ Annual Conference for 2017