10 de August, 2020
College of Central Bankers summons Dean J. De Gregorio as a new member
The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) reported that from this year it will incorporate Dean José De Gregorio as a new member of the College of Central Bankers in his capacity as former President of the Central Bank of Chile.
The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) created the College of Central Bankers in 2018, an entity that brings together former presidents of Central Banks and aims to maintain and improve relations with the GIC, fostering greater contact and closeness among these professionals. It also enables its members to continue to share their unique vision and knowledge after their careers as leaders in global central banking.
Traditionally, the GIC has had a long relationship with current and former leaders of the world's central banks and has been a platform for meeting and discussing important macroeconomic and socially issues, many of them related to monetary and banking policy.
The new members for 2020 are:
David (Danny) Blanchflower, Former Member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England
Jose De Gregorio, Former President of the Central Bank of Chile
Patrick Honohan, Former Governor of the Central Bank of Ireland
José Manuel González Páramo, Former Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
Alfonso Prat-Gay, Former Governor of the Central Bank of Argentina
Members since 2018:
Christian Noyer, Honorary Governor, Banque de France (2018)
Anthony Santomero, Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (2018)
William Poole, Senior Fellow, Cato Institute and Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (2018)
Charles Plosser, Former President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia (2019)
Dennis Lockhart, Former President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (2019)
- Webinar " The Political Economic Perspectives of Latin America"
- UChile’s MBA program is the forerunner in economics, marketing, finance and operations according to AméricaEconomía 2021’s MBA Ranking
- FEN faculty academics and graduates shine among the new influential economist under-45
- U. de Chile is the nation’s only higher education institution among the world’s best 500 according to ARWU
- FEN UCHILE MBA academics and graduates receive the BALAS 2021 Best Teaching Case Award